ECTN “Electronic Cargo Tracking Note”
The Electronic Cargo Tracking Note (ECTN) is a mandatory document for all shipments destined for Benin.
Each B/L covering goods destined in Benin must be follow by an ECTN for the correct completion of the formalities at destination.
The ECTN number must appear in B/L description, otherwise the ECTN shall be not be finalized.
Documents required for issuing the ECTN:
- Copy of datated B/L;
- Copy of detailed commercial invoice (please check if is freight value is mention as per Incoterms);
- Copy of freight invoice if the commercial invoice presents EXW or FOB as incoterm;
- In case of rollings / vehicles shipment please provide: vehicle registration document;
- Copy of custom declaration;
- Copy of certificate of origin if it is not indicated on commercial invoice;
- Copy of packing list if commercial invoice is not detailed;
- ETS/ETA of vessel with transhipment information if available;
- Specify if freight is prepaid / collect / service / charter party;
- Final destination of goods in Benin;
- Goods origin;
- Currency EUR / USD;
- HS code 6 digit;
- Gross weight in Mton.
For quotation please do not hesitate to contact us